Tuesday, October 23, 2018

My 10 Most-Asked Questions After 1 Year of Living in Central Oregon

My 10 Most-Asked Questions After 1 Year of Living in Central Oregon

I can hardly believe it myself, but as of this month, I've been living in Central Oregon for one year!

You might recall that my family and I relocated last October from Los Angeles to Bend, a move prompted by our desire to put down roots in a place that felt like a better fit for our lifestyle.

After Gemma's birth, we reprioritized what we wanted for our future, and that was a slower pace, a safer community, better public schools, and being only minutes away from all the things we loved to do, such as hiking, camping, and snowboarding.

At the same time, we didn't want to live in an isolated mountain town that required long commutes into civilization, whether for medical care or a date-worthy restaurant meal.

Bend beat out several other places on our short list (which I share in #7 below) and so far, we have had no regrets about our decision to move here. In fact, our only sort-of regret is that we didn't make the move sooner.

I've had so many readers write me in the last year to ask about our move, some who are itching to make a change themselves, and some who are merely curious how an LA girl is handling the snow. (Hint: I love it!)

I've been wanting to give an update on our first year in Bend, and thought these questions (with my answers) gave a great overview of our experience so far.

Snowboarding on Mount Bachelor

1. How have you adjusted to the change in weather?

Despite spending the majority of our lives in other states, Will and I feel like we've adjusted quickly and easily to...

Read the whole post... »

MY BOOKS

NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER! The Backyard Fire Cookbook will help you get outside and master live-fire cooking with over 70 modern and approachable recipes for ember roasting, charcoal grilling, plank grilling, and cast-iron cooking.
The New Camp Cookbook offers over 100 modern recipes for campers, road trippers, and adventurers, plus practical tips for building a cooking fire, setting up a camp kitchen, and stocking an outdoor pantry. As seen in Time, Outside, and Food & Wine!


from Garden Betty https://ift.tt/2q9tNda

No comments:

Post a Comment