Monday, April 22, 2019

8 Easy Ways to Support Your Favorite Author

8 Easy Ways to Support Your Favorite Author

Perhaps the sweetest moment of an author's life (aside from the second we hit "send" upon completion of our manuscript) is the day the very first copy of our book arrives. And that day, my friends, has come.

Though The Backyard Fire Cookbook officially releases on May 14, 2019, we (the publisher and I) have received our initial copies to read through, hold tight, and squeal over. (The latter being mostly me, that is.)

It's surreal to see a project of this magnitude come to life in the form of a neatly bound hardcover, and while I had visions of how the book might turn out, I'm blown away by how utterly good it is now that I have it in my hands!

The printer, editors, and design team did a killer job, and the images that Will captured in our backyard and kitchen last summer are incredible. The bold cover, square shape, and smooth, matte pages give the book a modern, artistic feel that I'm really loving.

I am so excited for you to see it, and I hope you'll preorder a copy (via Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Book Depository, Books A Million, Indigo, or your favorite independent bookseller) so you'll have it in time for your summer barbecues!

I'm often asked by my readers, "Are preorders really that important?" or "Doesn't your publisher do all the work of promoting the book?" And my responses to those questions are, "Yes! Yes!" and "To a certain extent."

You see, publishers use preorders to measure how much buzz a new title is getting and...

Read the whole post... »

CHECK OUT MY BOOKS

COMING MAY 14! NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER! The Backyard Fire Cookbook will help you get outside and master live-fire cooking with over 70 modern and approachable recipes for ember roasting, charcoal grilling, plank grilling, and cast-iron cooking.

The New Camp Cookbook offers over 100 modern recipes for campers, road trippers, and adventurers, plus practical tips for building a cooking fire, setting up a camp kitchen, and stocking an outdoor pantry. As seen in Time, Outside, and Food & Wine!


from Garden Betty http://bit.ly/2VdcB7K

No comments:

Post a Comment